Enjoy the wholesome benefits of Tangerines
Tangerines are a specific variant of Mandarin oranges (Citrus Reticulate) which are reddish orange in colour.They are now in season and these are reasons you should take more of these fruits.
Tangerine though smaller in size than the typical oranges, it is a citrus fruit high in vitamin C, and pectin, which is known to increase the beneficial microflora in the gut.
The fibrous white tissue between the segments of tangerines is called lamelia, and this membrane is a great source of soluble fiber known for its ability to reduce cholesterol and protect against atherosclerosis.
Here are the 7 Benefits of Tangerine Fruits
- Oranges are naturally a great source of Vitamins for the human body. And so are the Tangerines, with their rich Vitamin C sources providing the perfect antioxidants required for the body. These antioxidants prevent inflammation in the body. They are known to prevent the formation of free radicals that make unnecessary oxidation reactions possible which may not be beneficial for the body.
- Tangerine fruit has been used quite frequently in medical treatments as they fight effectively against skin diseases and arthritis.
- They help in healing minor cuts and wounds
- They also help to absorb iron from food very easily.
- Tangerine consists of fibers like pectin and hemi-cellulose that restrict the absorption of cholesterol in the gut which cuts the risk of obesity.
- The dietary fiber in this fruit also improves digestion that is good for the overall working of the body. Also a number of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart diseases can be prevented with proper consumption of tangerines and other orange varieties.
- The high fiber content also benefits the bowel movement in your body for which it is preferred and suggested by experts.