Chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases are increasingly becoming a global challenge for health care personnel and administrators. Alternative and preventive medicine has played a significant role in the management of these diseases and has increasingly found a place in the prevention and management of cancer. Adequate capacity building in this area is therefore essential in maximising the contributions of health care personnel.
COURSE TITLE: ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE MANAGEMENT APPROACHES FOR CANCER AND OTHER CHRONIC DISEASES
Date: Tuesday 16th – Wednesday 17th July, 2013
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Venue: Pharmanews Training Centre, No. 8 Akinwunmi Street, Mende, Maryland, Lagos.
Target Participants: Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, Pharmacy technicians, Medical Lab. Scientists, Administrators, Executives, Accountants and Managers in health care services.
Course Objectives: At the end of the workshop, participants would be able to:
- Understand the emerging roles of alternative medicine in the management of Non-communicable diseases
- Understand alternative and complementary medicine approaches and how to best utilise them for their patients
- Understand best case alternative practices in the management of cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Understand the need for and processes required to conduct clinical trials on herbal medicine in Nigeria.
- Emerging Roles of Alternative and Complementary Medicines in the Management of Non-Communicable Diseases
- Essentials of Clinical trials on Herbal Medicine
- Alternative and Complementary Therapy in the Management of Cancer
- Effective Non-Orthodox Approaches in the Management of Diabetes
- Effective Non-Orthodox Approaches in the Management of Cardiovascular Diseases
Registration fee is
N47,000 per participant before 2nd July, 2013, after which N49,000 will be paid. On-site registration of N49,000 will also be accepted at the workshop venue.
NOTE: Registration fee covers tea break, lunch, workshop materials and certificates ONLY for each respective workshop.
Group discounts: 3 – 5 participants – 10%, 6 and above participants – 15%
Cancellation: For cancellation of registration fee, 90% of the fee will be refunded, if cancelled at least seven (7) days to the workshop and this information communicated to us by sms or email only using: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no refund if cancelled thereafter.
Method of Payment
Participants should pay into Pharmanews Ltd. account in Zenith Bank Plc A/c No. 1010701673 or Access Bank Plc A/c No. 0035976695 and send their full names and bank deposit slip numbers by sms or email to Pharmanews Ltd.
For more information, please contact:
Cyril Mbata – 0706 812 9728
Nelson Okwonna – 0803 956 9184
Elizabeth Amuneke – 0805 723 5128
Ifeanyi Atueyi – 0803 301 5991