It is that time of the year again, when the Pharmacy community decides who becomes the Pharmanews Young Pharmacist of the Year, with their nomination of candidates.
Pharmanews Limited, which organises the Outstanding Pharmacist of the Year and the PANSite of the Year awards, birthed the Young Pharmacist of the Year Award initiative in 2018 to encourage innovation and active involvement of young pharmacists in public healthcare and community health development.
At the maiden edition in 2018, Isa Muhammad, emerged winner; while Frank Eze won the second edition in 2019. Now that the 2020 edition is here, who would you nominate?
To qualify for this prestigious award, the prospective candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a registered pharmacist in Nigeria
- Must be a young pharmacist not older than 35 years of age
- Must be actively involved in public health advocacy
- Must have demonstrated innovation in healthcare delivery
- Must have been engaged in drug research and development – especially towards combatting the raging COVID-19 pandemic.
- Must have personally undertaken other community development activities
We hereby call for nomination of young pharmacists who meet the above requirements.
Please mention your nominee as a comment to the post.
Sequel to the nomination exercise, a specially constituted selection panel will conduct background checks on nominees with the highest nominations. Thereafter, qualified candidates will be shortlisted for the Online Poll. The candidate with the highest votes becomes the winner of the coveted award.
Please note that nomination closes on Friday, 6 November 2020 at 12 noon.
N/B: Previous winners are not qualified for nomination again.