Sugarcane juice or ganne ka ras as it is known in Hindi is a popular drink in India especially in summers. India is one of the leading producers of sugar cane in the world. It is one of the healthiest drinks giving lot of natural energy to the body. Sugarcane juice is rich in zinc, chromium, cobalt, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, potassium and copper. It contains Vitamins A, C, B1, and B2, B5 and B6 and iron. Besides this it has antioxidants, proteins soluble fiber and phytonutrient.
Sugarcane is also an important member of the grass family. It contains sucrose and is filled with various other nutrients that aids in good health. Mentioned below are few health benefits of sugarcane juice.
- Sugarcane juice has all the required vitamins and minerals that provide precious health benefits for the person suffering from various diseases.
- Drinking sugarcane juice instead of artificial and aerated drinks helps to improve the health of a person.
- The juice of sugarcane helps in treating the burning sensation while passing urine, prostatitis, kidney stones, STD (sexually transmitted disease), and urinary tract infections
- Sugarcane juice reduces the bad cholesterol level in the body and has natural sugar. It helps in eliminating toxins from the body by cleansing, improving metabolism and detoxifying the body. This aids in gradual weight loss especially if taken regularly with lime juice or coconut water.
- It is found to be beneficial for pregnant women because of its contents of iron and folates. These contents enhance the hemoglobin level in pregnant women. It also prevents the unborn baby from variety of birth defects.
- The antioxidant property of sugar cane juice makes the skin soft, fair, supple and healthy. It also helps in delaying the signs of aging on the skin.
- Sugarcane contains natural sugar which has low glycemic index that prevents steep rise in blood glucose levels and so can be taken as a substitute of aerated drinks by diabetics. However people with Type-2 diabetes should consume it in moderation after consulting the doctor.
- Studies show that sugarcane is effective in fighting against cancer especially breast and prostate cancer.
- Sugarcane juice boosts protein levels in the body which is helpful in maintaining the health of the kidney.
- The antioxidants in sugar cane juice help in fighting against infections and boosting the immune system of the body. It also protects liver the liver against infections and helps in keeping the bilirubin levels in control.
- It is helpful in preventing stomach infection and is considered a good digestive aid due to the presence of potassium. It is also useful in treating constipation.
- Studies show that sugarcane juice helps in protecting tooth decay and bad breath because of its high mineral content.
- Sugarcane juice contains all the nutrients that are required for strong shiny nails. It naturally strengthens the nails and prevents them from becoming brittle and discolored.
- Sugarcane juice has been found to be good for people suffering from febrile disorders. Febrile disorders are responsible for causing fevers, which can result in a great amount of protein loss from the body. These can lead to seizures especially in infants and children. Liberal consumption of sugar cane juice provides the necessary protein.
- Sugarcane is beneficial for healthy skin. It helps to fight acne, reduce blemishes, prevent ageing and keeps the skin hydrated. A mask or scrub of sugarcane juice is beneficial for the skin.
- Sugarcane juice is good for the hair and helps in the proper growth of the hair and also prevents hair fall.
- Sugarcane is beneficial for micturition, caused by high acidity, along with gonorrhea, cystitisne phritisanden larged prostate.
- Sugarcane Juice is the best remedy for sore throat, freezing and flu.
- Sugarcane juice is naturally sweet. It doesn’t need any added sugar to make it sweet and hence is very beneficial for ones health. Diabetics can thus enjoy it without being concerned about soaring body-fluid sugar levels (those with type 2 diabetes should still have restricted sugarcane juice).
- It’s recommended for those suffering from fever, which results in protein loss from the body. Consumption of sugarcane juice supplies the body with protein throughout febrile disorders. It also brings down high body temperatures and helps one to recuperate from unwanted illness.
- It’s a perfect thirst quencher and cooling drink during summers. It keeps the body hydrated.
- Regular intake of sugarcane juice extract strengthens the stomach, kidneys, heart, eyes, mind and sex organs.