Like in most areas of businesses and professional life, possession of technical skills is necessary, but not sufficient to assure success. Individuals at the top echelons of organisations, be it private or public, require communication, interpersonal, leadership and change management skills to succeed personally and to drive excellent organisational performance. There is no gainsaying that recent development in public health issues, innovation, challenges of inadequate resources/finance, coverage, emerging disease/conditions, and management require a particular skill-set. This workshop is designed to address this cogent issues and capacity gaps.
We invite you to nominate participants for our 13th International Workshop on Leadership and Management taking place in Accra, Ghana.
Date: Tuesday 18 – Saturday 22 October, 2016
Time: 9.00a.m – 5.00p.m
Venue: Miklin Hotel (Accra), 7 Ako Adjei Street, Shiashie, East Legon, Ghana.
Pharmaceutical and Health Care Industry Leaders, MDs, CMDs, HODs, Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, Medical Laboratory Scientists and similar clinical, administrative, management and technical personnel in the health care and other sectors of the economy.
- Overview of the Health Care Sector
- Leadership DNA and Essential skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Leading Organisational Development in the Health Care Sector.
- Essentials of Change Management.
- Health Care Financing Models, including NHIS
- Doing more with less: Personal Effectiveness and Self-Management
This course has been designed to enable participants to:
- Develop the essential leadership skills and attitudes required to drive an effective and purposeful organisational development in the health care sector.
- Understand the utmost relevance of change management in championing a productive health care system.
- Develop increased personal capacity to lead and manage change in their organisations.
- Understand effective models in achieving sustainable health care financing structure, the operational frameworks of the NHIS and emerging opportunities.
- Achieve greater personal effectiveness.
- $750 per participant before October 7, 2016.
- $900 per participant after October 7, 2016.
Group discounts: 3 – 5 participants: 10%, 6 participants and above: 15%
Registration fee covers: City tour, workshop materials, certificates, tea/coffee break and lunch ONLY.
Participants are to take care of their travel expenses, hotel accommodation and dinner.
Participants will be accommodated at the luxurious Miklin Hotel (Accra) in East Legon at a reduced rate of $80 per night for a single room, and $100 for a double room (with breakfast).
For reservation, please contact Miklin Hotel:
E-mail: email@example.com: +233-242-941434
Miklin hotel accepts Master Card and Visa Card. Payment can also be made on arrival. Kindly keep Pharmanews-White Tulip Training informed of any reservation with Miklin Hotel.
Confirmation of registration is by payment of the registration fee.
For cancellation of the registration fee, 70% of the fee will be refunded, if cancelled at least seven (7) days to the workshop and the cancellation is communicated to us by sms or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be no refund if cancelled thereafter.
Method of Payment
Participants should pay registration fee into Pharmanews Domiciliary Account: GTB A/C No. 0005082226 and send their full names and bank deposit slip numbers by sms or email to email@example.com
Arrival and Departure
Participants are expected to arrive Tuesday 18 and depart Saturday 22 October.
However, evening flights are usually available for those departing on Friday.
There will be a tour of Accra city on Wednesday 19, for participants and their guests. Accompanying persons would be charged $50 for participating in the city tour.
For the tour, we advise casual wears with shoes suitable for walking. Cameras will be useful for pictures. Participants will have the opportunity of visiting one of the markets for shopping during the tour. Take some money along as bureau de change offices are available in the market places. We would also be spending time by the sea shore, so dress appropriately.
- By Air: Intending participants are advised to contact the following airlines which fly to Accra: Aero Contractors and Arik Airline, Hahn Air, South African Air and Kenya Airways. Booking ahead online with the Airlines usually attracts lower fare.
- By Road: Several transport companies have air conditioned buses on the Lagos-Accra route. Some of them are: ABC Transport, Cross Country Ltd, Chisco Transport, Young Shall Grow Motors, Effex Bus Service.
For further information, please contact:
Harry Abutiate – +233 2081 63219
Chinwe Odita – +234 8033003080
Adekola Adediran – +234 7032252123
Joel Omikunle – +234 8023715536