Do you live in Lagos or any other busy city in Nigeria, where people are always confronted with stress on a daily basis? Since it’s obvious you can’t avoid it, then it’s a must for you to perfect your stress management skills. Below is #13 Golden Tips on managing stress.
According to medical experts from Army Medicine, you can manage your stress better by doing the following:
- Understanding yourself better
- Set priorities
- Set realistic goals.
- Live a healthy lifestyle.
- Get plenty of exercise.
- Eat healthy foods
- Pray regularly
- Engage in breathing exercises.
- Spice up your life with comics- All work and no play…
- Love what you do for a living
- Develop a supportive team of reliable friends
- Believe in yourself and your skills
- Read inspirational stories of those that rose from grass to grace
Again when you see the Symptoms below setting in, you are likely feeling distressed and need to see your health care giver:
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart problems, such as palpitations
- Inability to focus/lack of concentration
- Sleep disturbances, whether it’s sleeping too much or an inability to sleep
- Sweating palms/shaking hands
- Sexual problems